Sunday, December 13, 2020

Catching up..

Blimey, Friday whizzed by, it was one of those crazy Fridays where you have to go full pelt in the hope you can get your work done. I didn't stop and worked over my hrs, but it had a successful outcome from great multi agency team working , a nice way to end the week. I much prefer to be busy.

Both the boys were working late so Hubs and I had a mini date night at home, he cooked me dinner and supplied the wine, he's a keeper. We had a relaxed night at home watching shite TV but it was just what I needed.

Yesterday was a housework and sorting type of day. My office set up was starting to irritate my back so I had a good old swap about again, and moved my screens. lets see how it goes this week. Hubs has had problems with his back for a while and is currently having a course of Chiropractic sessions. His aunt, who had the same issue ,recommended a back massager and said she would treat him to one. I gave it a go yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. It really does give your back a good old massage. This may well be of use to me after 8 hours of sitting at a blooming desk 5 days per week.


Please excuse the chair, its very old and worn, but of sentimental value, Hubs mom used to sit in this when she came to visit and my dad used it when he came home from hospital earlier this year, and died sat in this very chair. I desperately want it re upholstered, its very comfy in an upright way !


Today was food shop day, is it just me or is anyone else running out of menu ideas? Working from home and having to think about 3 meals a day for 4 people for a whole week is proving a problem... Especially as we all like different food. Hubs is doing the bulk of the cooking now he's a house husband so at least I don't have to cook everyday, he actually likes cooking, I do cook a few times a week to give him a break. Todays offering from me is a Cottage pie, have told the boys the next roast will be on Christmas day. 

Later on  I'm hoping to turn the heel on the 2nd gift sock so I can get it finished this week. I may have bought some more yarn for another gift sock set, I know its pushing it, but have gone for DK weight so I may just get there. Why I leave it to the last minute I don't know....

2 comments:

  1. I keep saying that I need a comfortable office chair. I sit in the corner of the lounge in mine and do most everything there, knit, pc, sew etc. Those bumps look spooky but if they do the trick its all good.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The back massager sounds brilliant, I've been having back problems this year, I wonder if it would do anything for me.

    ReplyDelete

quiet days.

The past few weeks have been a quiet time of reflection, my father in law died. Whilst expected, he was 90 and in a nursing home, it always ...