Thursday, December 10, 2020

Planning ahead.

 One of my goals for 2021 is to learn how to do colour work /Fairisle knitting. I have a whole load of Fairisle sweaters in my ' to knit' list but just haven't got the nerve to cast them on!

A while back I saw a knit a long where you get help with learning colorwork, so I signed up. It's for the Joining Bees and things cardigan. 

Photo from grubbgirls on the pattern project page on Ravelry.

How fab is that? I love everything about it, the colours, the design but it scares the s*** out of me ! But I will give it a darned good go and hopefully finish up with something wearable.


Enthused by the whole Fairisle thingy I grabbed a copy of  Mary Jane Mucklestones new book,  Fairisle Weekend. 

I saw this on The grocery girls podcast  and was tempted to buy it. I bought it from Tribe Yarns and am really pleased I did. Its a beautiful book, the photography is great and the selection of projects to knit for a weekend on Shetland is  brilliant. I may actually want to knit them all.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Anjie - glad you ve reappeared! Nice to see you back :)
    Louise - up the road in Glos :) x

    ReplyDelete

quiet days.

The past few weeks have been a quiet time of reflection, my father in law died. Whilst expected, he was 90 and in a nursing home, it always ...