Sunday, December 6, 2020

TA DA !

 Christmas has arrived.


I'll admit I was sceptical when the husband dragged this in. A 6ft beast of a tree. But he knew what he was doing, a few snips here and there and it was up.  Having a real tree was something I never had growing up, we always had one of those fake tinsel trees, but hubs is a real tree man, so ever since we've been together its been a real one.

This years tree decorating was pretty quiet, the boys, now in their 20's really dont want to get involved, but humoured their mum by hanging a few baubles and then went back to doing their own thing. Not wanting to give up this moment of Christmas Joy I made hubs watch The Christmas Chronicles 2 movie with me ! We may be in our 50's but you cant beat a Christmas movie....

A lovely evening was had and the Christmas cheer that was missing on Friday night was certainly present last night, I may actually be getting a little Christmas excitement building !

2 comments:

  1. We no longer have a tree as it would be decimated in no time with 5 cats. Polly especially would be up at the top, although she's the oldest she's the most playful.
    When all the kids were at home I loved my real Christmas tree. Yours looks beautiful.
    Cherish those boys while they are still with you. I miss my lot even though they've been gone for years.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine, we had cats before we had the boys...now we are a dog family, and he doesn't bother it. And yes I'm thankful my boys are still here, making memories even during lockdowns..

      Delete

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...