Friday, January 8, 2021

Hello Friday.

I am so glad I had a shorter week , this week has flown by. I am seriously considering if I could cut my days to 4 ! not sure it would be financially viable at the moment though.

I have read  loads this week. I have got into the habit of reading after work. I used to enjoy my commute home from the office as I would get to read and lose myself in a book after a day of work.  Well I seem to have got back into that habit, although I'm not commuting  as we continue in a lockdown!

I finished my first book of 2021 , I had a few books gifted to me so started at the top of the pile 


and have just finished 'A year at The Chateau', I loved it, but then I love the TV series and now want to go back and watch the first series all over again. The book is written between them and reflects on how they found, bought The Chateau and the following year, culminating in their wedding. 

Next up I am about to read 


The Starless Sea, it was recommended to me so I hope it lives up to it, the cover alone is gorgeous. Another gift from Hubs from my Amazon list. The forecast for this weekend is cold but dry, I shall fit in my daily walk and then I think it will be a weekend of cosying up on the sofa and reading my book.

2 comments:

  1. I think A Year at the Chateau must have been on a lot of people's Christmas lists as I've seen it all over blogland just lately. I've never watched the TV series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was, I loved the series and have now gone back to re watch after reading the book.

      Delete

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...