Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Rainbows.

 Even though I was anticipating this new lockdown, it was still frustrating when it was confirmed.

I have worked from home, full time, continually since the very first lockdown in March last year. I know I'm lucky that as a nurse I get to work at home and can do my job virtually, but its just not the same. I feel like I'm stuck in groundhog day. It also doesn't help that I am now going to be the only adult out of 4 at home working for the next 6 weeks or so, and my plans to escape for a few nights for my birthday next month has now been moved to later this year.....Arghhhhh  

I do realise that there are other people in a much worse situation than I and I really don't want to make light of it, My last year has been  a truly horrendous on a personal front  and this is my way of dealing with it. Having a little rant and moving on, hopefully. I had hoped that 2021 may have started off with a bit of a lighter note but it wasn't to be.

I am grateful that I still have a job, my husband and sons are all safe and well and home, I have a roof over my head, food in the cupboards and I can afford to put my heating on,  I'm blooming freezing. On the bright side vaccinations have now started so fingers crossed we shall beat this virus at some point in the not too distant future.

So today felt like a day for colour and rainbows... luckily I can improvise


My new set of rainbow highlighters, I do love nice stationary, makes my desk look pretty and brings a smile to my face !


Handknit rainbow socks to keep my feet toasty...


and my handknit cowl, not quite a rainbow but its doing its job of making me feel snug.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...