Wednesday, January 20, 2021

WIP wednesday.

 This week its all been about the 'Joining Bees and Things' cardigan. I bought the kit and joined the knit along with Purl a Row.

[photo from pattern page on ravely]

 I never had any intention to wear it as a cardigan and I just don't do cardigans. I gambled on being able to convert the pattern to a sweater, easy enough right?

nope......


Actually it was easy enough how to omit the steek stitches and work in the round for a sweater, but realised after knitting this much that the row change runs right up the middle, and as I wont be steeking to make a cardigan, its going to really annoy me. You can see how its a bit wobbly and not really very nice. So I have ripped right back to the rib and changed it so that the row change will run down the sleeve rather than right down the front centre.

I was also unsure about the white, its a bit too white for me, so am contemplating swapping it out for an oatmeal colour, or, maybe a mustard colour? it is called Bees and things, what are your thoughts?
oatmeal or mustard? or, I could just do the body of the bees in Mustard?

This is not an afterword knit, I have to concentrate too much, so will ponder until Saturday and then crack on.

2 comments:

  1. There appears to be yellow or mustard at the centre of some flowers (daisies?) So if you could keep the flowers white then perhaps swap the rest out. Mustard would look good of it worked with the flower bit, otherwise an oatmeal.

    Lovely design - I'd wear it as an open cardigan - I like layers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mrs G, I've gone with the oatmeal and am thinking of adding some mustard in so thanks for the suggestion, will show progress on Wednesday.

      Delete

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...