Wednesday, January 27, 2021

WIP Wednesday.

 One of the bonuses with being in lockdown is the amount of knitting time.

This week has seen me restart my Joining bees and things sweater.


much happier with it now and swapped the white out for oatmeal, thought the mustard was more yellow, am thinking I might see what it looks like for the bee bodies.


Unfortunately I seem to have a slight reaction to Shetland wool, I end up with runny itchy eyes when I'm knitting. Its Shetland wool and has tiny little wool fibres that seem to like making their way up to my eyes. Hubby did suggest I wear goggles when knitting it.  I will persevere as it may be ok when its been finished and soaked.

The other item I have been working on this week is my litmus cowl.


It's a wonderful sparkly yarn from mothy & the squid, the picture doesn't do it justice, [dull grey and raining here] and is great for the Patten. I really love wearing my stripy litmus so am looking forward to getting this one finished .

2 comments:

  1. I'm into making wash cloths at the moment, I'm enjoying trying new stitches that I've never worked before and the size makes it simple.
    I used to do a lot of fairisle years ago and made Tom some lovely jumpers that lasted for years.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just entered the world of fair isle and colorwork and am getting a bit addicted...

      Delete

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...