Monday, February 8, 2021

Happy Monday.

Well its happy for me as I have a whole week off.

I've cranked out the old laptop so I can type this sat on my sofa and don't have to go sit at my desk. I could bring my work laptop down but I would be so tempted to check my emails I'm giving it a miss for a week.

Its almost a week since my last post and a few things have happened....


I got my first jab ! well managed process and no side effects other than a head ache. 2nd dose was booked in at the same time. 

The next and major life changing event happened.....


we bought a small motorhome !

We've had a campervan for the past few years, Barry Bongo,  but sold it a few months back as he was starting to need more and more work done to keep him on the road.  So we spent a while trying to decide whether to get another or upgrade to a small motorhome.

This week hubs found one. We've done a virtual viewing, checked the van out and paid the deposit. Now all we have to do is be able to go and actually see it in person. The garage comes recommended from a friend who has bought from them  , so whilst its a bit scary buying something you've not physically seen, I am so happy, this will change our lives so we will be able to go away year round !  I've booked sites through from April till September, hopeful that we will be able to go!

The biggest dilemma now is trying to find a name for the van.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, who wouldn't like a camper to just get in a go, I know I would. We follow a chap in Canada who lives in his converted van with his bulldog it's a great programme. 'Vancityvanlife' on youtube if you fancy taking alook.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Briony, have found him. will take a watch later whilst knitting !

      Delete
  2. Good news on both counts, I look forward to following along with you on your travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo I cant wait to be able to go somewhere, although strangely I'm quite liking a restful weeks holiday at home for a change.

      Delete
  3. Ahhhh - we are thinking of getting one this year (has been on DH's to get list for some years!) Would be interested in garage recommendations :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh do go get one, it makes such a difference to be able to escape even if only for 1 night !

      Delete
  4. Look forward to hearing all about it and your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. s soon as Boris says we can we will be off on an adventure !

      Delete

quiet days.

The past few weeks have been a quiet time of reflection, my father in law died. Whilst expected, he was 90 and in a nursing home, it always ...