Sunday, March 28, 2021

Another week.

 Another week gone by, another week sat in my home office working solo. But tomorrow, I get to go out to work! I get to go on a train and visit one of the private hospitals that we use. It feels amazing, I've had my covid jab, have a booked seat and have a whole little covid safety kit in my bag. Its one of 2 site visits I have to do this week and it feels so good to be actually be able to go out and do my job properly. I still have some anxiety about travelling, but I've taken as many precautions as I can so should be fine. I also don't have that Sunday downer thinking about work tomorrow.

In other news I have actually picked up a book this week, haven't read for quiet a while, lost my reading mojo. So despite having a huge pile of books to read I went and bought something that sparked an interest.


just a real easy nice read, thoroughly enjoying it. Also makes me think about what makes me happy and should I be brave enough to quit my job and do something completely different?

I also bought a copy of this


Have heard some good reviews and was recommended. Never read any of his books so am interested to see what its like. Really glad I've got my reading mojo back I do love a good book.

Yesterday I caught up with my friend for another walk. She lives on the coast so its nice to go walk here way, and not too far from where I live, 6 miles I think and still in the same city! 





Rather than do the walk along the prom by the little beach in Clevedon we headed out the other was as it was getting quite busy. Never walked this path before and it was lovely, a much longer walk and great weather, chilly but refreshing. I so miss being able to go south at the moment. It really was like being away. One thing this lockdown has done is open up my eyes to what there is locally, normally I would be straight on the motorway heading south or across to wales. 

A walk and a good book has really given me a lovely weekend. 



 

1 comment:

  1. A change of scenery is what we’re all longing for and that looks like a nice walk with your friend. Enjoy your day back at work tomorrow. I know when I gave up work four years before my official retirement age I knew I’d made the right decision, never regretted leaving my job for one moment.

    ReplyDelete

quiet days.

The past few weeks have been a quiet time of reflection, my father in law died. Whilst expected, he was 90 and in a nursing home, it always ...