Friday, March 5, 2021

FO Friday.

I actually have a finished knitted item.


 A lovely pair of plain old vanilla socks.

These were gift knitted  for a friend who is worthy of handknits.

This is the 3rd pair I have made her and she was overjoyed when she received them as she wasn't expecting them. The colourway was 'Jaipur' and, as  friend and I have been to Jaipur together  it just seemed the right thing to do to but it and knit them for her.

I really do love gifting handknits when they are appreciated. She doesn't know it but I'm knitting her some more with a shorter leg length, these were longer to wear with her walking boots! 

Her reaction was priceless and just made my day. I do love my friends. 

4 comments:

  1. Your friend will be thrilled to bits when you surprise her again, lucky lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter was complaining that her feet were cold, I offered to knit her a pair of wool socks but she declined. She's still in the 'label' stage. She'll learn, lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a lovely feeling when someone is so appreciative of something you've made for them. I haven't had any socks on the needles since before Christmas, I think this must be the longest I've ever gone without having at least one pair on the go.

    ReplyDelete

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...