Saturday, April 3, 2021

Reading & Work.

 Here we are again, another week done. 

This week has been absolutely exhausting, 2 onsite work visits that needed to be completed. 1 of which was a 5 hour train ride each way, not a  single route either, both trips needing changing of trains.



I had forgotten how much I love train travel. Although in current times I was surprised to see so many people with massive suitcases, obviously on their travels. As Wednesday entailed 5 hrs travel each way I managed to read a whole book! 


due to the nature of my job I can't really work on the train, and I always think if I was driving I wouldn't be able to work, so .... I read. Mind you on the journey back I was so tired I don't think anything that I would have written would have made sense.

 By Thursday I was exhausted and hoping for a quiet day working in my home office, but no... it was incredibly busy and as I was so exhausted I was most definitely not on form. I am really struggling with working at the moment, my brain doesn't seem to want to hold information and when I get pulled into emergency meetings where I need to take the lead my brain just shuts down.. Is this a middle aged thing? I am currently trying to come up with a plan of how to leave work..id rather retire but I'm not quite there yet, shame.

Thursday night therefore was a TV night, and yesterday a day to catch up with sleep and restore my self. Feeling much more awake today I have been hitting some of my creative to do list, its Easter weekend, house chores can wait. I may have also started another book


This is my 4th book in a week, I'm really in a reading mode at present, reading to me is escapism and I have loved each of the books I have read this week. I even have my next lined up

Its a good job we have a quiet weekend lined up. We aren't planning on going anywhere other than local as it is just so busy everywhere. Grandad is coming for lunch tomorrow [we're his bubble] and I have a walk lined up with a friend on Monday. Other than that its just us 4 leading a quiet life..

4 comments:

  1. You deserve a break this weekend so relax and enjoy, household chores can wait. Enjoy your meal with your Grandad. Wishing you a Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anji, I've seen your name on several blogs but this time I found your own blog. I can see you're going to cost me money . . . I've already added several books from your book list to my Kindle stash and I've just bought 'The Book Charmer'! I'm loving your new Moho and looking forward to following you on your travels. I'm a seasoned camper, in tents and a caravan and now in the process of converting my trusty Berlingo car into a mini-camper. Just can't wait to get away for a few short breaks as long as Boris doesn't have to extend the lockdown. Sick & tired of my own company, having been isolating for 12 months. AND - I need inspiration to get my blog back on track again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello and thank you for following.
    Glad you like my books, I generally get my books after seeing them on other blogs!
    I am so looking forward to setting off in our van, now that Boris has given the go ahead! this is a real step up for us, we've had a basic Mazda Bongo for years !

    ReplyDelete

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...