Monday, April 19, 2021

Refreshed.

Last week was an absolute nightmare at work, I was so stressed I was having migraines...

But I managed to negotiate an early finish on Friday and set out in our new van, who we have decided to call Stan the Van.

Just a local jaunt, fully self contained in our unit so coronavirus rules could be maintained.

We headed out to Wookey, Its a fabulous little place, we stayed on an eco goat farm, Wookey Farm, we have stayed here before and love it, its a very clean well maintained and managed site. Great for a local jaunt.






The weather was great, if a little chilly at night.  On Saturday we headed into Wells for a walk, great place to visit if you are in the area.









Some of you may recognise some of the places from the film Hot Fuzz

The weekend was great, our friend from Cornwall came so we could socially distance meet, we havnet seen her for ages so it really was fab. Apart from our walk we had a BBQ


made a fuss of her rescue dog Boris


he's an old boy and has such a lovely personality, she's only had him a  few months but he's so good.

we watched the sunsets


and had fun watching the goats


then before we knew it it was time to head home


Ready for a new week at work.

It really was a battery charger and I am so thankful I am lucky enough to be able to get away. I'm counting down the days to our next mini break.

5 comments:

  1. Your break sounds just what the doctor ordered. I like the name of your van and Boris is gorgeous, bless him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, it certainly ahs brightened my mood this week.

      Delete
  2. Refreshed indeed! The weather, Stan the Van and in a great area - and friends to catch up with - as well as that adorable dog (so lovely of them to adopt an older dog and give him a home rather than a lonely life in a kennel situation.) I love your photos which brought back memories of years ago when I was able to visit Wookey and Wells. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it really is a lovely place and I feel much better moodwise this week.

      Delete
  3. That looks like a fabulous break, it's just what you need sometimes. Awww, Boris is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

quiet days.

The past few weeks have been a quiet time of reflection, my father in law died. Whilst expected, he was 90 and in a nursing home, it always ...