Wednesday, April 21, 2021

WIP Wednesday.

 I've been a bit crap with my knitting, I've been flitting from one project to the next and not really getting very far with any of them. So this week I have decided to take action. I have pulled 1 small project and 1 sweater project to work on. No other projects allowed ! 

My WIP bags from Hyde & Hammer, they look very dull but are fab, bought for camping trips so can take a bit of throwing around and outdoor knitting... I'd really like some in brighter colours but I cant justify more project bags, especially when it means I then have to cast on more projects to fill them !

First up is the small project, it's a hat, it was cast on when it was very cold.....


I love everything about this hat and don't understand why I didn't finish it. Its my 3rd BaaBle hat, they are very addictive. I'm hopeful I will get this finished, then it will be a bobble or not to bobble debate. 

The big project is, of course, my bees and things sweater. The pattern is for a cardigan so its been my modified by me to be a sweater. Don't be fooled by the shape, it actually fits me well, I am a large apple shape... however I do think I could have actually gone down a size, will be interesting to see what it looks like when its washed and blocked, when its finished that is.



I'm almost at the colour section of the sleeve so if I stick to it I may get this sweater done over the next few weeks. Id really like to get this done for camping evenings....

Now all I have to do is resist the temptation of casting on anything else.......

2 comments:

  1. I really like your bee sweater and you are clever to modify a knitting pattern. If it's a little on the big size it'll be nice and snuggly on chilly camping evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think concentrating on just a couple of projects for a while should enable you to see some progress. They're both lovely projects, I keep saying I'll knit myself a baable hat but still haven't cast one on.

    ReplyDelete

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...