Wednesday, May 12, 2021

WIP wednesday.

 There has been some knitting this week ! I've managed to remain focussed on 2 projects and am seeing progress!

First up is my Bee sweater


I am so near finishing this I am excited, it may be ready for the next camping trip. If I knit it again I would go down a size and knit it longer, or swap to smaller needles after the colorwork section. the body fits ok but there is some room for shrinkage !  but it fits and given it was meant to be a cardigan I am chuffed to bits that I have a wearable jumper. 

Then I picked up these socks


Plain Vanilla socks for me , knit West Yorkshire Spinners signature 4 ply, colourway is summer sunset. I love these socks, I love the colour and the simplicity of the knit . These are very much a comfort knit.

Then on the wheel I have

 

Spin Jones Batts, 2 separate Batts of 50g each. I am spinning them opposite ways so looking forward to seeing how they turn out. This is one of her old colourways, pulled from stash. Twilight colourway and a mix of merino, mulberry silk and eri silk. Spinning up lovely !

Pretty impressed with my knitting and spinning this week .

10 comments:

  1. I've just caught up with your post about Frank, I'm so sorry. It's devastating to lose a much loved furry friend but even more so when it comes so out of the blue like this. I'm sure you'll remember all the happy times you've shared with him. Your jumper is looking great, nearly at the finishing line now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be very proud of your efforts, your bee jumper is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colour of those socks, reminded me that I have some on the go some where, lol
    BrionyX

    ReplyDelete
  4. wish I could produce beautiful work like this, it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betty, I am very proud of my sweater.

      Delete

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...