Monday, June 28, 2021

Monday again.

 Here we are, back at Monday again. The weeks certainly feel longer when I have to do a full week and don't get away at the weekends! 

This is the 3rd weekend in a row I have been home, I know I am lucky to be able to get away as much as we do, but I'm still predominantly working from home in a little box room and just need to escape at weekends. Were also home this weekend so am looking at the weather forecast to see if I can get a day trip in.

I've managed to get a couple of local walks in around work



and finished my book


I really enjoyed it and devoured it over 2 days. A word of warning to others there are a few sexual references in there ! I liked the characters and they seem like the sort of people I have/ would have in my life. I have an eclectic mix of friends.

My next book is 



Another Cornish based book, I love them. Easy reading and lets me dream of lovely Cornish villages. I will admit that this was another  new acquisition rather than one off of  my to read pile... OOps. Started it this morning, so far so good.

So other than work, walking and reading I've not done much of anything. I'm feeling in a bit of a flunk the yukky weather we have here isn't helping much either, where has the sun gone? 

The fact I live with 3 men, all of whom want to watch all of the sport...isn't helping either.. If the rugby and Football wasn't bad enough, I have the tour de France and the blooming Tennis to contend with too...  Anyone have any good YouTube/Netflix/amazon prime suggestions for me?

4 comments:

  1. I've surprised myself and am really enjoying watching the football and I'm willing England to beat Germany today. I do feel your pain though with all the sport on the TV right now. It looks lovely where you live and I hope the weather plays nicely so you can get out and enjoy some nice walks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, I did actually sit in the room whilst the football was on and whilst its not my thing the excitement of the others was infectious!

      Delete
  2. Sport seems to be the only thing on TV at the moment, doesn't it. Mick's had quite a bit of time off work just lately and it's been nice to get a few day trips in, it makes all the difference to have a change of scenery so I know what you mean about getting away for a short break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really breaks the monotony up for me, and gives me something to look forward to.

      Delete

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...