Sunday, July 25, 2021

Oops, another book purchase.

 Yesterday I dropped no 2 son to work and thought I'd pop into The Mall to pick up a few bits for holiday. It was heaving. Everyone it seemed was out buying bits for holiday. All I did was pop in to M&S to pick up an online order then went into Superdrug for some toiletries, by then I had had enough. I was mask wearing, which in this heat is not good in indoor areas, but it was so busy I felt I really needed to wear one. Most other people didn't feel the need for masks at all, including a lot of the shop staff. 

Ready to make way way out I thought it would be very rude of me not to pop into Waterstones to peruse the bookshelves, it was enroute to the exit after all.


I absolutely love a bookshop, I could spend ages in them. I really don't need a new book I have loads in my to read pile [s]  and there may have been another few acquisitions come via the devil that is Amazon this week as well. But I really couldn't  leave this one behind



Its a beautiful book to look and the story really appeals to me. I think I'm going to enjoy reading this one. Well at least I hope so, I still haven't got my reading mojo back.

Todays has been spent holiday prepping and I'm now off to go and eat roast beef with the boys and father in law before we leave them for a week...Yes I know its boiling but we really do love a roast and hubby is cooking... 

4 comments:

  1. I've only visited a couple of shops since the restrictions were relaxed, but I found most people continuing to wear masks.
    Happy reading! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bookshops too but I have to travel to visit a Waterstones but ours has a lovely coffee shop upstairs. We have to wait for our covid freedom day here in Wales but I agree that mask wearing is not good in this heat. Enjoy your holiday and your book does sound like an intriguing story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, it was a good book if you like that genre, I loved it...

      Delete

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...