Monday, August 23, 2021

Another weekend adventure.

 I appreciate that I am incredibly lucky, and am aware that this blog just seems to be me posting about trips away. But yes, I did have another weekend away and I also have one this coming weekend.  My leave this year has predominantly been used for weekend trips, I only have 2 separate whole weeks booked off, the rest is odd days. Its just the way its gone this year with my job and covid restrictions. Normal blogging will resume in September when I actually get to have some time at home, other than for work.

So where did I get to this weekend?

Hubs was having a boys weekend to celebrate his birthday and return to work ! Due to extortionate prices for August staycations I gave them the house to use. I made arrangements to go to my friends in Cornwall. No additional days, just go down after work on Friday and come back Sunday night. Chose the train as trying to escape Bristol on a Friday in rush hour is Nye on impossible. 

I had a blooming awful trek down, the traffic in Bristol was at a standstill so I only just got to the train station on time, Then the train was delayed which meant I arrived into the connecting station late and missed the connecting train so had tow ait an hr for the next one. I arrived into Truro at about 9.45pm,  could have been worse I suppose. Friend picked me up and away we went.

The forecast wasn't looking great but we actually managed to have a good time and the sun came out. Saturday was grey and drizzly so we set off early and headed to Perranporth with the dog. Anticipating crowds due to school holidays, we wanted to be able to find a parking space. 

It actually wasn't too bad and we walked the whole length of the beach and back, only needing to put coats on once.




It wasn't too crowded, we even managed to grab a table at The Watering hole to grab some lunch.

Sunday we stayed relatively close to her house as we had lunch booked with some other friends. We set off early and went for a glorious walk.





Then before I knew it, Sunday lunch had been eaten and I set off to get my train back home.
Now I have only 3 more working days and I'm off for a long weekend this time in Stan the Van. Today has gone remarkably fast, I'm back on the train for work tomorrow and wont be back till late so that really only leaves 2 days to try and fit home stuff in......

2 comments:

  1. Your journey sounds horrendous but you made it and had a lovely time away. I don't blame you going away at every opportunity. Next weekend is a Bank Holiday and the traffic here will be awful as it always is at Bank Holidays so we don't venture out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you. we can get on site at 12 so am hoping to leave early and miss the mass exodus of of Bristol. Then we will stay local to Bude and use the bus if necessary.

      Delete

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...