Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Bude Weekend.

Another weekend away, this time off to Bude and celebrating our 22nd wedding anniversary. 

I'm going to be honest, whilst it was a glorious weekend I am absolutely knackered and so looking forward to some time at home. August has been a full on month of weekends away. Its taken its toll.  I'm looking forward to quieter months ahead as the weekend season slows down. 

 The site was lovely but we must have had the worst pitch on site, it was an end pitch next to the toilet block and a junction into the next camping area. I think they squeezed as many people as possible in, it was full capacity. I cant fault the service or hygiene of the place, the staff were on it. Just that so many people were booked in. We were out all day so it was just evenings, but we walked to our friends pitch where there was more privacy. 

Bude it self was full of people and everywhere was full and booked up. However we managed to stay social distanced for the most part and had a fab time. Covid tests on return were negative, phew....

Today was straight back to work, but I'm sneaking in a quick blog post or it will be days before I do. So here is a few snaps of our lovely weekend away.

The Pitch- P37 Wooda Farm Holiday Park. 


our pitch and the evening view, that is the sea in the distance, we parked facing towards the hedge to get some privacy !

Around the site.











Blackrock Beach.



Bude canal.







and beach, although we decided not to go onto the beach



and just like that our weekend was over, we got up and headed home as soon as poss. yesterday as was anticipating typical bank holiday traffic, however it was ok and we got home in a timely manner.

Next year we have decided to stay well clear of Cornwall during summer season, I love it but its just too busy now. We shall have to think of a different place to celebrate our anniversary.

8 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary to you both. It looks lovely there but such a shame it was so busy and you were disappointed with the site. I live on the coast and it has been really busy here this year and we do not venture out on a Bank Holiday weekend anymore, too much traffic and too many visitors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that will be our last summer of trips to Cornwall, it will most definitley be during quieter times from now on.

      Delete
  2. I'm desperately hoping that this year's huge influx of tourists won't be repeated next year - it's sheer madness. There's not been room to stick a pin, with cars parked haphazardly on every grass verge available anywhere near to a beach or beauty spot. I have barely seen the sea this year - and I live here! My garden has been my 'staycation' venue while I've alternated between working in it and relaxing in it. Hoping now to visit a favourite beach or two over the winter months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do feel for you. It was crazy busy, the worst we have ever seen it .

      Delete
  3. We stayed at Wooda Farm in our motor home a few years back but went during the quiet period. Our van was called Douglas and I still miss him. A belated Happy anniversary to you both Anji.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I do love the freedom our motorhome gives us.

      Delete
  4. Happy Anniversary! Your photographs bring back happy memories of holidays in Bude when my girls were little. There used to be an amazing ice cream shop by the canal. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one thing I didn't have, an ice cream...

      Delete

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...