Saturday, September 4, 2021

Hello September.

 Wow, August was a busy month. This is my first weekend home in a  while and I didn't realise how much I needed it. I've loved all my little mini breaks but wow its tiring when you also have a full time job and home to run.  

This weekend is much needed downtime, just faffing about at home, even the sun isn't tempting out. It's all about cleaning and sorting, its very much something I do when I need quiet time. Work has been manic, I'm just so busy, I think that's what comes with taking long weekends, I'm trying to cram a 5 day week into a 4 day week. 

Life is starting to quieten down now though , and I'm making plans for the Autumn and Winter. Home plans with an occasional mini break, maybe just once a month, to test out Stan The Van in colder times. I love this time of year, I think it links back to when the boys were at School and September was the start of their year. It's certainly the time of year when I start to make plans for the year ahead, I even have a mid year diary... still

I'm looking forward to Autumnal walks, chilly air, being snug and cosy beside a log fire,[ we've actually managed to get a chimney sweep this year, last year we couldn't find one at all that was free], big pots of stew and chunky wool to knit with, a huge pile of books to keep me busy and time to just do 'stuff'



6 comments:

  1. I like Autumn too, walking through the fallen golden leaves, going home to hearty food and being warm and cosy indoors. It's good that you can feel life is slowing down for you and you can relax.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really looking forward to a slow way of life for a while...

      Delete
  2. I love Autumn and it's "seasons of mist and mellow fruitfulness". When the kids were small my thoughts would turn to Christmas as soon as they returned to school in September. It was great when we were all safely in at home by a warm fire (no logs unfortunately) with some comforting food and snacks. There were plans to be made for the Winter, food to be stockpiled, and much battening down of the hatches 🙂 happy times...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely reflection, thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  3. Much as I love the summer, I'm looking forward to some autumn walks this year. I think it's my favourite time of year on the fells. X

    ReplyDelete

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...