Monday, September 6, 2021

September's reading plan.

 May have bought new books.....


Needed to pop to The Mall for juniors birthday and Waterstones was between the 2 shops that I needed to go to, one on ground floor and 1 on upper floor. Despite not needing any books I just had to go in for a browse.

These 2 caught my eye, 'Before the coffee gets cold' is a translation of a Japanese book. I love the sound of coffee based time travel ! Its also quite a small book so will probably be read over 2 evenings or in 1 go. 

'Everything is beautiful' pulled me in for its cover initially, but then the blurb got me. A woman who collects things that others may chuck away, but to her are beautiful and act as memories of a past life that could have been. 

My final book for September will be


The return of the witch. 

My friend gave me the shadow Chronicles set, of which this is part. There are 4 books, this is number 4 but is a continuation of book one, the other 2 are stand alone books on the same theme.  Friend said to read this after the first book and so I will.  I really enjoyed book one so am hopeful that I will like this. 

Only 3 books planned this month as I really want to get a blooming knitting project finished and I haven't mastered the art of reading a physical book whilst knitting. I know I could do audible or use my Kindle but I really love a real book, and love the experience of bookshops.

4 comments:

  1. "Before the coffee gets cold" sounds a fascinating read, my kind of book. My nearest Waterstones has a coffee shop upstairs and it seems a long time since I was sat in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A book store with a coffee shop sounds like my kind of heaven..

      Delete
  2. I could spend hours in a bookshop, I'm always drawn in whenever I pass one. They sound like three interesting reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really could spend all day in there. I am hopeful they will be good reads.

      Delete

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...