Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Busy busy busy and a sneaky weekend away.

 Time is just rushing by, work is manic and I don't seem to get 5 minutes to myself. These short days are impacting on my energy levels and once I've finished work I really don't want to do much else other than sit and chill. 

We did however muster the energy to take Stan the van out for 1 last trip before he's settled in for winter. We snook off for 2 nights to Glastonbury  at one of our favourite sites, The Old Oaks.  We met up with some friends and just had a nice quiet weekend.





I even managed to pick up a couple of Christmas presents whilst we walked around Glastonbury. 

We were blessed with the weather again, although a bit chilly we were nice and snug in our vans.

Tomorrow I am off to Nottingham overnight for a work trip, I really don't want to go, I've become more of a home bird as I've got older, but needs must and it does break up the monotony of sitting in my home office all week. 

4 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy your trip to Nottingham even though it is for work. Your weekend in Glastonbury sounds nice, glad you had time to relax.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, the work trip was ok but would rather not have had to travel up there.

      Delete
  2. I must say I like "sneaky weekends" getaways .. I would even say they can be better than a thoroughly well organised holiday away :-) Hope your Nottingham work trip has gone better that you expected. Happy December. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda, It was ok, I had a good book. Happy December to you too !

      Delete

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...