Monday, November 15, 2021

Happy Monday!

 Here we go for another week. 

I'm sat at my desk and have done some work admin clear up. Its a chilly misty dull morning here so I'm happy to be cosy and working from home. 

Yesterday we ventured out to the Tobacco Factory Market. Haven't been there in years and was hoping for some Christmas inspiration. Its full of small independent businesses and is lovely to walk around although small. I didn't get very inspired lots of nice things for me but not so much the people I am trying to locate gifts for. 

After a walk about the market we headed up North street, very nice place for a Sunday morning mooch, some shops were closed as it was Sunday but the ones that were open were really interesting shops. I could have spent a fortune but mindful I was not shopping for me I didn't actually buy anything.

Whilst mooching up the road I did spot 2 of the great artworks that have been done 




This seagull was painted in 2018 and looks up North street, he peeks around the building, it's great.
I really want to go and look at the other murals that have been painted for Upfest. If you're ever in Bristol its worth checking them out. I'm going to grab a map and try and visit them all over the quieter winter weekends. 

5 comments:

  1. what a lovely bit of art - looks like fun where you live :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bristol is a great place, so much to see and do.

      Delete
  2. That seagull is great, they are cheeky little devils aren't they :) I'm not doing well on Christmas preparations either although I did buy some gifts for the pup yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. now I could easily buy doggy gifts but humans are a whole lot harder !

      Delete
  3. Afraid I really do not like seagulls at all as they can be quite vicious. Nevertheless that is a really impressive mural. The six sisters looks great too. Just sent off my first Christmas card or rather a sun catcher I made impersonating a Christmas card. Trying hard this year to get things off to family well in advance...sigh! keep well. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...