Sunday, November 7, 2021

Weekending.

 I've had a lovely week despite having to work for 5 of the days !Work whizzed by as always. Nothing new there, just grin and get on with it, needs must.  

Thursday night eldest son decided that he would take us to a local pub for dinner to save cooking, his treat. I had a Mushroom Risotto and a large glass of red ! yumm


 This was the view out across the river when we left, the river was just on the cusp of turning, it looked almost mirror like. It was a lovely evening and so nice to spend time with him. Hubs did come but younger son was out.

Yesterday I finally got to meet up with my oldest friend, I have known her since I was 3 years old! The last time we got together was just before the dreaded covid hit. So much to catch up on. We did some shopping then went for lunch.  Despite having been double vaccinated she caught Covid a while back and was very poorly, she's more or less back to normal but so scary to image what the outcome would have been should she not have been vaccinated.

I came home to an empty house as boys were out watching Rugby and hubby had gone to his brothers for a night. I rarely get time completely alone so I snuggled in my chair and binge read my book . I actually finished  it. I loved it, its ended mid way into a story line, its going to be a trilogy , but it means I have to wait now until she finishes the next book in the series.

Today I have had a lovely lie in, bed all to myself was a luxury, and am just pottering around doing housework and the usual stuff before we head out later to a quiz night at another local pub with some friends. They decided that they needed to get them selves out now that Covid restrictions had eased, else they just don't go anywhere. They invited us and so, why not. Mind you I am pretty useless at quizzes.

Whilst I wait for hubby to come home from his brothers , I am going to go sit won with a coffee and start reading this


Daisy May Coopers memoir

I'm really looking forward to reading this. I think Daisy May might be a bit like marmite, you either love her or hate her. I love marmite and Daisy ! I thinks she's incredibly funny and a very strong woman. 

2 comments:

  1. I've heard you can still catch Covid even having had the two vaccines, scary stuff and I'm glad your friend recovered well. It must have been good catching up with her and a real tonic for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really was, just to get out and catch up in person.

      Delete

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...