Wednesday, December 15, 2021

WIP Wednesday.

Last January I made myself an advent yarn calendar. I used my stash of mini skeins, packed it away and waited till this year to open it. 

I love yarn advent calendars but generally don't use mini skeins, I also noted that some of the prices this year had increased and I couldn't justify buying one. What a joy then to pull out my homemade one this year. I can honestly saying I didn't remember what skeins I had put in. 

I bought some little brown paper bags and some numbered stickers and popped them in a basket. I decided to do another Litmus Cowl, my 4th. I love the shape, its an easy project and a great way to use mini skeins.  

Here's the progress to date





I'm loving the purple section and am pleased I've managed to knit each colour block daily. 
And for those that wanted to see the Christmas tree decorated




7 comments:

  1. Your tree looks gorgeous! This year, through being unable to drive, I couldn't buy a real tree - I wanted a growing one, in a tub, so it could stand outside after Christmas. But I need something cheerful to look at, so I've bought a small one from Argos, along with some new lights; it will be delivered tomorrow. I have some timed outdoor lights which I will probably sling over a suitable shrub in the front garden. Such gay abandon!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, mu hubby loves a real tree, it smells gorgeous too. I have thought about a potted one with roots so we can keep it going rather than buying new each year

      Delete
  2. Your tree looks beautiful and I love those coloured fairy lights.
    What a great idea to make yourself an advent calendar. A lovely surprise each day, but one you know you will definitely enjoy. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules, I love a multi coloured fairy light

      Delete
  3. Oh wow what a yarny surprise for you. I love that scarf and think it would be a good thing for my girls to do for themselves so thank you for the link. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are so easy to do, very satisfying and a fab way to use odd scraps of yarn up

      Delete
  4. Your tree looks beautiful. That was a good idea to make your advent calendar in advance and each yarn is now a surprise.

    ReplyDelete

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...