Wednesday, February 9, 2022

WIP Wednesday.

 Look at me, 2 consecutive days posting on my blog, what ever next.

The past week I have been pretty monogamous and kept to 1 main project


Hidden away in this wonderful bag I pulled it out of the WIP pile. I have no idea why I left it there, its glorious.


My coffee run poncho minus the cable, couldn't be bothered with that. I'm using quince and co osprey yarn which is beautiful to knit with. A tad expensive but very warm and heavy, ideal for a poncho. 

Then when I have wanted a smaller, more portable project I picked up one of my 3 pairs of socks that need finishing



Plain vanilla socks for me, west Yorkshire spinners sock yarn in the robin colourway. Quite appropriate yarn to be in a Christmas project bag. This yarn is one of my preferences for sock yarn, its quite hardwearing and warm. I have quite a few balls of their yarn.

This is the first sock of the set, but it would be nice to see if I can get a pair finished at long last. I'm going to take it with me at the weekend and get some travel knitting in if nothing else.

4 comments:

  1. I do like your bags with your knitting projects in. The socks are really fancy and will be a fabulous pair. Enjoy your weekend away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I do love a project bag, unfortunately I have quite a few which is why I always have loads of projects on the go. The yarn is a self striping coloury so you get a good effect for little effort !

      Delete
  2. I love your project bags. It's been a while since I've picked up my knitting needles, it's crochet for me at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a dedicated knitter but do have 1 crochet blanket on the go, may have to pull that out at some point.

      Delete

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...