Sunday, March 6, 2022

Daily Musings.


 Another week is almost done. I have been so busy at work I have had little time or inclination to do much else. I worked face to face for 2 days which I actually find quite exhausting now I have got used to working on my own at home. Around work I managed to finish my book and have been knitting on a  new project. 

No 1 son came home from work this week and has COVID!, luckily he is triple jabbed and only seems to have cold symptoms.  That's both sons now that have had it. I am hopeful we wont as we are very close to actually going to Florida and I would hate to have to miss it due to Covid having escaped it for the last 2 years. He's remained in his room and is mask wearing when he comes out, luckily we have 2 loo's so he has sole use of one until he is testing negative.

Yesterday I decided to tidy up and clean my office. As it's a  cross between my craft room and an office, it gets messy easily as its only a  small room. My knitting projects were getting out of hand so they had a sort out, I got rid of 2 projects as I just wasn't loving them and knew I just wouldn't wear them. My goal this year was to me more garment orientated and actually make things I will wear so it made sense to unpick them and then reuse the yarn for something else at another date. I really want to get the rest of the projects done now so I have a clean slate. 


Last night we went out for dinner with friends. We caught the train home and popped into our local for a nightcap, this was the view across the river . Whilst I may not live close to the sea I do live near the river and I love the lights at night.  I rarely go 'out out' so it was nice to actually do something with hubby on a Saturday night.

Today my goal was to write a blog post and update my journal. Other than that I have no plans at all. 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Anjie
    Just thought I'd let you know that the persian tiles are really easy to make if you fancy having a go.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not so sure about that they look quite tricky to me!

      Delete
  2. Hello ♡
    You have a wonderful blog. Great post. I wish you a lot of health and the best of everything!
    Regards nice and warm from Poland ♡
    Klaudia Zuberska

    ReplyDelete
  3. What rotten luck your son has caught Covid, I hope you stay virus-free and he gets well soon. That's a lovely photo of the lights reflecting on the river.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, he's tested negative today so things are looking up !

      Delete

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...