Wednesday, March 9, 2022

WIP Wednesday.

Hubs bought me one of these for Christmas

A rigid heddle loom


so over my last weekend off work I decided to get it built and get something on the loom. I have never had one of these and never really used one, its another craft to add to my fibre life. Generally thinking I could use my hand spun yarn to make some gorgeous cloth. How difficult could it be?

I managed to get it built no problem at all, but when it came to setting up the loom itself, well. let's just say I should have read the instructions properly.





For those of you that have weaved before you will probably see my really big error, I set it up the wrong way around.... It took me quite a while and despite also watching a video my brain did not compute... so I had to take it all out and start again. 



Finally all set up and ready to go. 

I'm just using some yarn I have that has no identified use and I wont be too upset if this piece is not pretty when completed. So far I am really enjoying using the loom and learning the process, its actually quit meditative. I find myself doing a few rows on my way out to the kitchen and its slowly building. Its very random and I am paying no thought to the colours, more about learning the process and trying to get the sides tidier.


I'm quite pleased that its starting to look reasonable by the blue rows, I seem to be getting the hang of it, I just need to learn the weaving language and start to work out how to keep the edges tidy.

4 comments:

  1. How exciting. Like anything new, it's a learning curve and I'm sure you'll be proficient with a little practice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its really nice to learn something that is actually quite relaxing !

      Delete
  2. You got there in the end and it all looks very interesting.

    ReplyDelete

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...