Saturday, April 2, 2022

A weekend in Morthoe

Last weekend seems such a long time ago, time really is rushing by. Hubby and son are now fully recovered from  Covid. I am desperately trying to stay safe and not get covid as we are due to get on a plane next week ! I am so ready for a real holiday away from work. I have a whole 16 days off....

Last weekend we took Stan the Van out for a run. We headed down to Damage Barton, which is in Morthoe, Devon.








We were so lucky with the weather the whole weekend. It was chilly in the evenings but the days were glorious. We managed some coastal walking and popped into both Morthoe and Woolacombe. It really was a refreshing weekend away and made all the better as Monday was my non working day.

This week has just been working at home and staying home to try and avoid any covid risks. Well, all expect some puppy shopping this morning


we also bought a variety of puppy chew toys which have been put in her basket alongside some from Frank which we kept after he passed, mainly his tennis balls



This little bed was £10 from Aldi's, she has a more robust bed for when she's bigger and we will also have a crate den for her, luckily we have a couple of rooms downstairs so as she grows she can find her favourite spot. Its going to be so nice coming home knowing that we get to bring her home the day after we land.

Now I am going to start planning and packing ready for the big off,  I still have a few days of work but I hate rushing and like to be ready at least a few days before departure ! I may have already chosen my books and knitting project for holiday.....

5 comments:

  1. That looks like a lovely weekend in a beautiful part of the UK. You must be excited, a holiday and then a new puppy. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited, more so for Rosie I think !

      Delete
  2. The weather was glorious for your weekend break away and you are well prepared for the arrival o your little puppy so exciting. Enjoy your holiday as I'm sure you will, have a fabulous time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, its been a long time in the waiting

      Delete
  3. I've enjoyed Damage Barton campsite in my tent - gorgeous views and so peaceful there. (I avoided school holidays)! It must have been lovely to be there in Stan the Van, all snug and cosy. Enjoy your 'away from it all' holiday abroad - and how exciting to come back to a new little bod in your home. Looks as though Rosie could do with a cupboard all of her own to store her many toys! xx

    ReplyDelete

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...