Thursday, June 2, 2022

What I'm reading now.

 I don't seem to be reading as much this year, although with early puppy wake ups I have started reading for an hr in the mornings so May has picked up a little.

I am now onto my 15th book this year



This has been in my to read pile for a very long time. Despite buying it myself from a lovely bookshop I just haven't felt drawn to read it. Today however, I pulled it out. When looking for a link to pop on with it I noticed that it has very mixed reviews. Which makes me want to put it back in the pile, but I am trying to reduce the book pile so I am going to start it and then if it doesn't thrill me it will go off to the charity shop. I have another book by this author in my pile, The Starless sea, which I  started , couldn't get into it so put it back on the pile. That was the follow up book to The Night Circus and also has very mixed reviews. So I'll give it a go, but as always have many books as back up plans !

2 comments:

  1. Those early morning puppy wake ups will get less frequent as Rosie gets older. I hope you can get into your book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I'm getting more critical as I become more ancient or the books that I choose are more badly written, but I am increasingly giving up on books but instead of persevering, I am giving up and getting rid. Life's too short to waste time on books I'm not enjoying. I do believe that I tried to read "The Night Circus" after you mentioned it long ago - and couldn't get into it.

    ReplyDelete

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...