Monday, August 1, 2022

The back of beyond !

 I am still very much behind on my blogging, so here's 1 of the many catch up posts I need to do.

Back on 15th July we snook off in Stan The Van for another weekend away. We headed towards the new forest to a campsite called The back of Beyond.


Trying to venture to places other than Cornwall, the new forest is somewhere we have not stayed near  before.



It was a lovely site but was near the main A road so traffic noise was apparent and there were a lot of yappy dogs ! luckily Rosie has not found her voice yet and remains a quiet little pup !




Part of the site was an 18 acre forest with lots of lovely walks. Every Morning I would get up with Rosie and we would head off to the forest for her morning constitutional. 



It felt safe to walk through on my own and there were lots of other campers there walking their dogs. I am not sure I would be brave enough to walk our local woods on my own ! Which is a shame as I absolutely loved doing these early morning walks. 

We took Rosie's pen so she could be off lead but she really didn't like it, much preferring to tie us up in knots on her long line !


Can you see the little Robin sat on the side? he visited regularly and was very tame.


Rosie still loves the van life and is a joy to take away.  We had a fab weekend and will definitley head back that way next year but will try a different site closer to the actual forest itself.

4 comments:

  1. Aww Rosie, I'd happily swap with you, my Tilly is a barker, barks at the least little thing. Rosie would have loved those walks in the forest, she's a lucky little pup, Such a cute little robin and it looks a lovely place to stay but shame about the traffic noise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. luckily she's not too much of a barker and yes she loved the forest as did I.

      Delete
  2. Lovely site but such a shame about the traffic noise. You reminded me of when I went to a site near Land's End - completely forgetting that we would be directly under the flight path from Land's End Airport. Luckily they didn't fly at night and after the first day or two, the dogs and I were used to the planes. Rosie continues to grow - especially those long legs! I'm so glad she loves the camping with Stan and is a quiet girl. exactly what is needed on a camp site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she really loves going away, shes very much a people watcher !

      Delete

quiet days.

The past few weeks have been a quiet time of reflection, my father in law died. Whilst expected, he was 90 and in a nursing home, it always ...