Sunday, April 3, 2016

Easter at Bude.

Over Easter we decided to take Barry out for his first run of the season
We headed out early on Good Friday


The traffic was good all the way and the skies were blue.
Deciding to make the most of the glorious weather we hit the beach first









I even managed a paddle! it was beautiful, a chill in the air, but perfect.

Then it was off to find the site.







Parked at an angle as high winds were expected and also gave the best view of the sea


Pretty good site, clean, spacious, enough facilities but not crazy. would definitely return.

Saturday was a completely different picture, Rain, to be expected, but having upgraded the van with a heater and a little TV, junior was happy, had a lazy morning, then headed out for lunch between showers.

We drove along the coast, just seeing where we would end up, stopping here and there, now I am up for a beach in any weather, the males? no chance they were happy to sit in the van and watch me get blown away. I had fun and a few good small walks..







Then it was back to Bude to grab a fish and chip lunch, a quick wander around the town, bought a few books in the charity stores and I managed to find a waterproof jacket that fits me!

Saturday evening we had a meal on site, nice restaurant/pub, food pretty good, the weather was picking up, but Barry did us proud, we didn't take the awning along this time as we were only away for 2 nights so no middle of the night tethering the awning to the van to do!

Sunday morning was pretty much rain again, but we were heading home anyway, so had a slow pack up and headed out. Now I am never one to miss a trick so managed a little stop for breakfast and a walk at Westward Ho!, junior found an amusement arcade so opted for that rather than a walk..







A nice little 2 night break away, recharged the batteries and blew the cobwebs away..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...