Monday, November 13, 2023

This week's crafty project.

Crochet is my new challenge. I can do squares and straight lines but have not ventured any further than that. Well, until I tried to crochet a mini reindeer that was.  


It didn't go well, the leg is almost as big as its body! it has been put to one side whilst I try a simpler shape and get to know the techniques.

I've signed up for TOFTs conservationist club and no 2 in the series was this little fellow


Hortense the manatee, pic from their website. No fiddly legs here. So far i'm loving it.


I went down a hook size to try and get tension ,it's generally OK, as a knitter i'm still working out my crochet style and how to get tension, holding a hook is something my brain needs to adjust too, especially when learning how to interpret crochet patterns.

I am really excited about this new addition to my fibre skills and am looking forward to challenging my self with more complicated patterns, maybe I'll even finish the reindeer

1 comment:

  1. I find following crochet patterns really difficult as I am left handed.Barbarax

    ReplyDelete

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...