Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Another cast on and a happy mail day.

I got led astray by Instagram again and may have cast on a  small lap blanket!

Let me just say this is a stash busting project, no yarn has had to be purchased, I have used 6 random skeins from my stash which in all honesty wouldn't have knit anything with as I just don't love the colours anymore.


wasn't really sure what they would look like, I planned to hold 3 strands together to get a nice chunky lap blanket, I know Spring is here but who doesn't need a lap blanket now and again..

This is the pattern that grabbed my interest


by Louise Tilbrook.

It is a joy to knit, I am in love and already want to knit a rainbow one.
I am holding 3 strands of fingering weight together and cast on 108 stitches using 7mm needles.In retrospect I wish I had cast on more but I am not sure quite how far this random bunch of yarn will stretch. Its big enough for my lap, need I say more.

Here's mine to date, after 1 night of knitting.



I'm really not enamoured with the colours, its a bit wishy washy/ yukky for my tastes but as a lap blanket it will do and does match the old tan leather sofa ! I am loving how quickly this heavier yarn and big needles knits up, think I am going to see what else I can mix up..

So as I have 2 sets of 3 balls to try to keep untangled, (I used some sandwich bags, 3 balls in each), would you believe I didn't have a project bag big enough.

Luckily I may just have happened to buy a large sweater sized one (for my almost complete Cornwallis). I'll be honest here I only bought it because I love the fabric and am addicted to Annes bags, (her etsy shop name is Busy pottering ) they are so well made and she uses great fabrics. So I came home at lunch time today and what was waiting for me.




And snuck inside was this little lot of goodies


I can't tell you how happy that Cornish pasty stitch marker makes me.

This is such a great project bag, I know I will get loads of use out of this one. There is definitely enough room for a sweater project in here, luckily I have 2 on the go, with yarn enough for 3 more sweaters !

Happy days, now I need to go and see if I can fit another Cornish escape in just to take this bag !








No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...