Saturday, August 10, 2019

Ticking along.

Peaceful week at work, think everyone is on leave or working from home.
I was pretty much the only person from my team in most of the week. 
Haven't heard anything about the job, nor have I applied for anything else. not too much about.
I will keep looking, something will come up I am sure.

Home wise it's been quiet as well, hubs had to go over to Holland to work for a couple of days, no 1 son has been working and no 2 still looking for jobs. The green room office is taking shape, not finished but looking so much better. Frank is taking over and there are dog toys appearing in most rooms ! I really need to do some housework this weekend!

I broke the knitting funk and managed a few rows on my sunset find my fade shawl, 


This is being knit up from a gorgeous fade kit from Siobhan's crafts


5 x 50g skeins of sock yarn, its called perfect sunset fade, broke my non yarn buying plan for this set.

Still yet to finish my sweater, only half a sleeve left to do, maybe i'll try and knit a few rows of that later. All the other WIP bags are now stacked neatly waiting to be finished  in my streamed down stash section . 

Remember that huge destash I did and sent to my friend? well HERMES lost it... I could cry. 


3 huge bags full, gone, I packed them one on top of the other and securely wrapped. The parcel was BIG, how the heck did they lose that? Have now had to put a claim in but gutted for my friend. I most definitely will not be using them again. Maybe there's a knitting HERMES delivery driver who has now got a nice free stash.

Went to see an old friend straight from work last night, was good to catch up, she must have had a sixth sense that I needed a pick me up as she bought me an unexpected gift



My reading mojo has perked up and this is the first week that I have wanted to step away from the comfort of chic lit for a few weeks now. I am currently reading The Tattooist of Auschwitz so will have to wait to start this little beauty!

Nothing much else to report, just a normal quiet week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...