Friday, March 8, 2024

Afternoon tea with a side of Lurgy.

My friend had bought me an afternoon tea for my Birthday so this Wednesday we set off to The Ivy to indulge ourselves,Wednesday being my non working day. despite having a dose of the lurgy I managed to enjoy myself despite a lack of smell or taste!





she lives on the other side of the bridge so I met her there as she walked across, what a lovely crisp day it was.


A quick beverage before we made our way there.



The Ivy is a wonderful place, I love the decor and the atmosphere, lt was a lovely way to spend the afternoon . I have been lucky to have 2 trips there celebrating my 60th! 

Thursday saw me back to work in the main office in town, my lurgy was really coming out and my colleagues, fearful of catching germs sent me home. So I was home, in PJs on the sofa before 10am, and there I remained. 

Today I made myself get dressed and am attempting some small household tasks, then I shall be collapsing back onto the sofa with a mug of lemsip and a blanket!

1 comment:

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...