Monday, March 11, 2024

Another day another cast on.

Today is my non working day and I'm feeling pretty much over the lurgy.  The weather is dry and drizzly and I have no plans for anything, other than to attempt a kettle bell session later! so it seemed an opportunity to cast on another knit project, not that I don't have any, I have far too many, but I am a fickle creature and the lure of a new cast on always gets me. 

Last year on my Scottish road trip I was lucky to find yarn stores along the way and picked up some glorious Scottish yarny treats. I do not need another big project so decided to cake up some of the sock yarn I bought from The Handspinner Having Fun on the Isle of Skye. It was a wonderful find and I spent a wee while just squishing all the woolly goodness. 




I tried to get colours to reflect the glorious scenery, the pictures do not do it justice. Today I picked up the orangey/brown. 




Its a merino & Bamboo super-wash mix hand dyed by them. ball band suggests a 3mm needles so I am going to think of it as almost DK weight. 

For the very first time I am going to attempt to knit a sock snake and then put in after thought heels! never tried this before. Louise Tilbrook has kindly published a pattern  that will guide me through. i wonder how long thsi project will stay on the needles?

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Cornish Easter.

 Hubs and I decided to head down to see our Cornish friend for Easter. Rosie dog came along too, after all her friend big B lives with said ...