Sunday, April 28, 2024

Cruising the Norwegian Fjords.

To celebrate reaching 60 I decided to tick off one of the bucket list holidays. I am very grateful I have a good job which pays well enough to support my love of travelling.

I chose to go with PO on the Iona, it seemed to tick all the boxes for me. Having never cruised before I really didn't know what to expect, but wanted something where you could be relaxed and wear what you liked or go for something more  dressy. Having now returned home  I can honestly say it ticked all the boxes for me. Despite its size it didn't feel overcrowded and i didn't feel I was being cattle herded!

We were very lucky with the weather which added to the enjoyment and we even got to see the northern lights!


Embarkation day.





Day 2- at sea








day 3- Stavanger















Day 4 -Olden














Day 5 Alesund


















Day 6 Haugesund









day 7 At Sea



disembarkation day.



We had a fabulous time and I would do it all over again, hubs however, would prefer a warmer trip next time, it may have been blue skies but it was cold!

A week later and a full week at work feels like it was an age ago. now its head down and saving for our next trip!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog! I loved seeing the pics of your trip--since I will never get there my self, it was wonderful of you to share! The Northern Lights is something I've seen and it is one of the highlights of my memories!

    ReplyDelete

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...