Saturday, October 31, 2015

Back to the land of the living.

Yesterday was a day's leave
the boys as per normal slept till the afternoon
no 1 had the day off, no 2 on school break
I didn't fret about their sleeping, thinking if they're still asleep they need it
they will have many many years of getting up
whats a little lie in now and again.

so I did a little sewing , haven't had the machine out for ages and felt like a little play
first of the machine was a coco dress


I have had this pattern for ages and love it, now the body is shrinking I just about fit into the largest size.
I had some cute scuba type jersey, a little thick for the pattern but its a first attempt so what the heck


this fabric was a joy to work with and feels great on, and even better its a fabric that wont crease and wont need ironing!
The pattern is so easy to follow, no zips etc  there will be many more of these, I did omit the pockets on this one.


the only issue I had was setting the sleeve but they didn't turn out too bad at all.
its fit like a glove, no photos being worn, not that brave!
the neck line is just as I like it, could probably do with a little more space in the bust , but as they seem to be shrinking faster than my stomach I am not to worried.

This is a pattern I will make again and again.

Then it was onto a trial pair of PJ bottoms.
had these cut out for a while, you can tell by the fabric it was somewhere in the summer and there 3/4 length.



love these, just need to get some elastic for the waist, but pretty pleased
It was a bit of a struggle getting the right sides together as they were cut in 4 pieces, I ended up sewing the 2 fronts together.

but worked it out and actually they are easy peasy..
the boys will definitely be getting Christmas PJs

After a bit of quality time with the boys I decided to read, 
A book had caught my eye in the service station on Thursday and it was just calling me to read it,
the trouble with me is I have to read, not a few pages a night, but read, non stop,
it was a full size novel, there was no coming back


I love chic lit and this was right up my street, I loved it
I did drag my self to bed at 2.30am this morning then finished it when I woke up, before today started. 

All in all my days leave was just perfect.

Then today the sun was shining and the weather warm,
so what to do?
hit the beach with the hound, please note its not a beach in that sense of the term, its a coast of the mouth to the river, but its the closest thing I can get to for a 'fix' and I haven't been there for a while.



It was lovely and the hound had a great time as did we, we did the whole circuit, walking the beach and the path, then stopping for a beverage at the local cafe before heading home.
bliss.

2 days of nothingness was just what I needed
I pretty much feel back to 'me'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...