Sunday, October 4, 2015

Holidays.

Its that time of year when we start to think about holidays.
Budgets need to be set and money saved.

The last 2 years we have done city breaks and English breaks, this year I really want a week away, somewhere like Greece, just a week to soak up the sun some local culture and enjoy great food.
It would be great to take a plane and stay in a building !

Boy, what a shock when I looked at prices for the 4 of us, for some holiday companies my boys are counted as adults, expensive, others are variable.

I really don't know how people afford this every year, its working out at about £2,000 for a week for 4 of us. And that's the cheap end, add the cost of food etc and which ever way I look at it, I really don't think we can afford it, especially as we are tried to school holidays.£2,000 is a lot to spend on a 1 week holiday, especially when that money can be best spent else where.

I need to get my thinking cap on.

We have booked 1 break though, a 2 night stay on Lundy.

pic from Landmark trust.

Expensive but its split between us and our Cornish friend, I was surprised when both boys said they would like to come !I did tell them its basic, no tv, wifi etc and electric goes off at midnight.
Its a walking holiday! wonders will never cease.

Barry Bongo will be out and about but after our disastrous camping expedition to Wales, we are reluctant to book a whole week away given the unpredictability of the English weather. Barry is going to be for those ' lets just go' moments, lets hope there are lots!

Taking Barry across on the ferry is a thought for a week away, maybe France, the cost of the ferry to Spain is huge! I need to do some research, but I have my heart set on Greece

What to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...