Saturday, October 17, 2015

Getting there.

Life is still busy, I'm just grinning and bearing it. Managing to get a little me time here and there.
My secret test knit is done just needs blocking out, I have loved knitting this and was just what I needed to get through the last 2 weeks. Can't wait to show it to you.

Hubs has been diagnosed with a very overactive thyroid, hes started tablets today, so hopefully he will start to feel a bit better soon and start to put some weight back on, hes on increased heart meds so that's settled the ticker.The endoscopy showed a duodenal ulcer, its being biopsied so nothing prescribed for that yet, just watching his diet.

Work is still busy, had my 1;1 yesterday, all is well, just been told to try and type my reports quicker!
at least I didn't get my arse kicked, and their happy with how I am managing my hours around the boys.Cant complain.

The diet went a bit freefall, but reigned it back it quickly, put on 1/2lb this week, that's more to
 do with not eating the right foods rather than eating crap and drinking alcohol, i'm still being restrained there. Still motivated and still feeling better health wise.

Holiday discussions are ongoing, Junior desperately wants to go to Orlando, he didn't get quite get how much that costs so I got him to cost it up for the 4 of us, then he got it, hes devised a savings plan for us and worked out we could go in 2017, he said hes happy with camping holidays until then to help save! Even when the annual school ski trip was opened, at a cost of £949 !! he said he would rather save for Orlando, think that was an exercise well worth doing with him.

My blogging has fell by the wayside, I just don't feel I have much to blog about at the moment, my life is on track and ticking over, not much more I can change or simplify , 4 years is all I have to say .

No 1 son has not heard anything about the zoo job, hes working today so hope someone speaks to him if only to say sorry but you were not short listed. We have had a long discussion about it so I hope he doesn't take it to hard if its a no to an interview. He will continue to volunteer work there as that's what he really wants and bide his time till he can get something. 

Christmas is looming and budgets are now being set, I know its only October but its only 3 pay days and we don't like to touch Decembers! Our monthly budgets change slightly in october/november to accommodate the costs , the boys get a £100 limit each and have stocking gifts, they add things to their amazon wish list and have to think hard about what they want, hubs and I usually get something we need rather than want, I have chosen a new pair of work boots and hubs has opted for something for the bongo, we don't go over the top with food, each week we will buy something extra to put aside and the meat always comes from the local butcher, strangely this year we have no plans to go to Cornwall over the festive period,  :(  sad about that.

And that folks is it, nothing else to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...