Saturday, February 13, 2016

Birthday.

I've not been posting this past week or so, just living,
nothing special to write about just going about my daily life.

Last weekend was a busy one, we were invited to friends for a meal on the Saturday night and went out for Sunday lunch with some other friends, no wonder I am putting weight back on!

Thursday gone I celebrated my Birthday !
Junior was away with his friend for half term , [very quiet indeed] and hubs and I had booked my birthday and the Friday as holidays, we had originally planned to go away as a family. But junior had a better offer. When hubs asked what I wanted / wanted to do for my birthday, I declined gifts, just saying take me somewhere nice for the day.  So when the big day arrived this is what I got


a birthday card revealing a magical mystery tour! fabulous.

We set off after breakfast and headed south, but not our usual route, i declined to be told the destination, preferring to find out when we got there, I had to pack an overnight bag !
I was not disappointed hubs did good.

Our destination was The Masons Arms in Branscombe


what a fabulous place.


he even booked a four poster room


our view


an amazing fireplace in the bar .


interesting water feature.

After checking in and grabbing a  quick lunch, we set out to walk the beach as the sun was shining.





by the time we got to the big rock outcrop at the end the sky was looking like this


yup, it came in quick, a massive rain/hail shower
drenched we decided to head back.

The evening we had a lovely 3 course meal in the restaurant, totally spoilt and not diet friendly, hey its my birthday!

After a goods night sleep it was breakfast then check out, I could have stayed a few more days to be honest. But junior was due home Friday, so it was homeward bound.

Hubs took the scenic route, stopping first at Beer
We wandered the Town looking in the art galleries and walked the beach






 A cute little place, but quite desolate out of season

Then it was off to Lyme Regis

Another beach walk, hubs knows how to please me, a wander around town  then a final stop for coffee and cake before we headed home.








I had a lovely mini break, and I have to say it was one of my best birthdays ever. 
It was then home to share cake with my boys. x



Birthday celebrations continue tonight with one of my best friends and her hubby coming to us for dinner, hubs is cooking an Indian feast, and yes I'm being good some of it is slimming world recipes!
Tomorrow shall be a day of rest before finding Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...