Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Living.

Apologies for the lack of blogging, my life is ticking along nicely and I don't feel I have much to blog about! I also apologise for not stop by your blogs, I have been in a gadget free mood, spending hours a day writing reports I feel the need not to be attached to the internet in my free hours. Saturdays and sunday mornings are my preferred slots as everyone else is in bed, but guess what , I have been sleeping later!!
woo hoo, hubs has been up before me and I'm now getting into the cup of tea in bed start to the day.

The past weekend was spent mooching around shops, getting to be a habit, junior wanted to go to the mall for more warhammer paints and we needed to buy a 50th Gift for a friend, we dropped no 1 son to meet his friends and no 2 and I hit the mall. I actually managed to find a new work top in M&S, my old tops are getting a bit jaded. That was my only blow out, we stuck to plan and I treated junior and I to a M&S meal deal for lunch, which we we ate in the car due to guess what, more blooming rain!

Hubs was not well on Saturday so the rest of the day was a quiet one, decided to hit 'my' craft room. Hard core sorting again. I have little crafting mojo, but I worked out what it was, my weight, I don't like anything I make due to my size, so have put making anything for me on hold for now, had a good fabric sort, lots of nice fabric which I wont touch until im the next size down. Sorted the yarn stash, again, found the gorgeous yarn my friend bought for my 50th, which she keeps asking what I have made with it, guilt took over, pulled it out and tried to find a simple pattern, its blooming lace weight, but its such a gorgeous yarn, 


chose a little sleeveless waterfall type cardigan, might just wear this on a summers evening.


photo from her pattern page on ravelry, [copyright Joseph Feller] [link above and in my ravelry side bar]

Laceweight is really hard going with my eyes and I cant' take doing lace work with laceweight, this seemed the simple solution and something I may actually wear. This is my current favoured knit project and despite the teeny yarn am loving it, might take me a while.


Love the almost lace like effect by using a slighter larger needle, as usual I didn't swatch, might regret that, but have 2400m so hoping it will be enough. 

Sunday was more shopping, hubs and I decided to take a trip to a local farm shop, it was quite small when we got there and to be honest we didn't buy anything, but will definitely return when its BBQ season. As it was just the 2 of us we hit the mall again, camping season is almost upon us and we need to get a few things,. Well,what can I say, hubs took me to B&M , how come I have never been here before? got some fab food bargains a, new cake tins, laundry stuff and.....


My contribution to the van!

hubs got us a little electric heater, our first trip away is booked for easter, off to Bude for 2 nights,it may be cold, and after last years bad weather experience , we thought we would be a bit more prepared.

Then it was back home and movie night with the boys. Nothings special over the weekend but I thoroughly enjoyed it, this coming weekend I am determined to go for a long walk, forecast is not looking too bad, fingers crossed.

Back to work yesterday, still on track and not getting stressed, booked my car in as it had a recall and today I finally got up the courage and went and had my smear test done, blooming hate those things. But that's it now for 5 years, I love being over 50!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...