Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Happy Hump day.

My Favourite day of the working week.
Halfway up and halfway down, which ever way you look at it.

The joy of managing your own workload is that you can plan when you want to be in the office, for me its the end of the week, I like to get all my assessments done, then have 2 days for finishing typing and doing all the other ' bits' that my job entails. This results in not being stressed over the weekend, so come Friday 5pm I know I am pretty much sorted.

Today was an out of county. What a beautiful day for a drive. Clear blue skies, the sun was shining and I had my new from no 1 son, CD blasting, Adele's '25', Love it.

Now its home to start the typing, then go pick up the boys, hubs on lates. No 1 is working over at The Zoo farm, so another nice drive up through the woods and then I get to sit and look at the animals whilst I wait for him, I take my book as often he gets distracted with the animals and comes out late. I don't get stressed I just read my book. Grabbing those little periods of time to do things that I love.

Home for an evening dog walk, don't think I'm going to hit 10k steps today as have been in my car and sat in a meeting, but hey, I know the scales wont be good tomorrow as I have eaten lots of nice foods that I really shouldn't have, but you have to live, I just need to work out how to balance what goes in with what goes out! I think that's the key for me, not focussing on what I cant have rather than I can have, I just have to burn it off, have been using the fitbit food tracker, watching calories as well as trying to be on the slimming world band wagon. It is and always will be a plan in action. 

Tonight will be knitting...
Life is simple, life is good,
and do you know what, I haven't been keeping tabs on my days left to work till I retire !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...