Sunday, March 13, 2016

Sunshine and happy days.

What a difference a little bit of sunshine makes.
Spring is definitely on the way.
Its been a  joy driving the past few work days, the benefits of not having a full time desk job is that I get to drive around and admire our beautiful city and surrounding countryside.

I have managed to go to the gym twice, quite enjoying it, everyone was friendly and you get to go at your own pace, it was nice to note I wasn't the only overweight 50+ person there! I will aim for a minimum of 3 sessions next week, and maybe a few swims as well. Mt movegb gives me 7 sessions per week.

Yesterday I went to pick up my new to me spinning wheel, shes now up and running, and I am really enjoying spinning again.The lady that repaired her for me says she was a good little buy and is made of yew! Its a bit different spinning on an old style wheel, but after about 1 hours spinning seem to be getting to grips with getting the tension right, found some old fluff I had from my failed attempt at learning to drop spindle, so currently practicing on that before I hit my blue fluff.


Not bad, when plied I think it will be a light sock weight, a little lumpy in places, need to make sure I am prepping the fluff properly, but is not looking bad for my first attempt in a long while.This morning has been a joy, spinning away , no thoughts, no stress just me and the whir of my wheel, its fluff meditation!

Now I am off out to enjoy this glorious day, a long dog walk is in order, did all my housework yesterday so today is a free day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...