Thursday, March 2, 2017

Hello March.

Am I glad to see March, whilst there were some great highlights in February, it felt a long dark month. It's so nice to be having longer days, what a difference going to work in daylight and coming home in daylight makes.March feels like a turning point, its my last 4 weeks of working my notice at work, half way there, 8 weeks is a long time to keep your brain focussed! I have only had 1 wobbly and that's more related to leaving such a great team of nurses rather than leaving the job itself. 

My work life balance seems to be improving, probably because I am no longer willing to do more hours than I am actually paid for, working notice is actually quite liberating for me. My craft life has erupted, I am knitting like a maniac and thoroughly enjoying it, to celebrate its return I treated myself to a new project bag, because yes, I do have more than 1 project on the go ! it is an absolutely fabulous little bag, so well made, I have a really old similar one that's still in use and just love the size and shape, not to mention the beautiful fabric




If you're a knitter/spinner  then pop over to take a look at her shop, Picperfic

I even picked up my camera the other day as I have not taken any photos, or felt inclined to do so, for quite a while now, I feel the stirrings of exploration mode resurfacing, I am hoping some calmer weather may suit the hound as he is still refusing to go out more than he actually does.Luckily we have a large garden that he can romp around in, we gave up trying to achieve a pretty garden years ago, its functional now, no flowers to be seen unless they are planted in pots and he still manages to kill those!

There are no plans made for March, its very much a ' lets see what happens' month, and after having such a busy February I am looking forward to seeing how it unfolds. I have gone and bought a ' proper' swim suit, a functional one that I can actually swim in and do a couple of aqua aerobics classes, my last skirted suit was ok unless you actually wanted to swim or move about in the water then it ballooned up, so I spent more time trying to keep it down than I did doing the exercises. I really enjoy swimming so I have decided that is a goal for this month, to try to get back into the routine of swimming again.  I am resisting the temptation to set myself more goals as they then feel like a chore rather than  a treat, and it will be far more satisfying to see what I have achieved at the end of the month rather than measuring against a pre set, usually unrealistic set of goals.

So here's goodbye to February and a hearty hello to March.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...