Sunday, February 26, 2017

I blame it on the podcasts.

Seriously, I have no idea why I never discovered podcasts earlier, I am addicted. There I have said it, gone to the dark side and watching podcasts rather than reading blogs. I only went onto youtube to get a video on hand dying yarn, and I lost weeks! My subscription list has grown and I am now trying to cut them down to a few, I am becoming more antisocial than I was before, poor old hubs has me sat there with headphones on watching podcasts about knitting whilst I am knitting.Could be worse I could be eating garbage whilst watching tv impersonating a couch potato! My current favourite is 'The Grocery girls', if your into knitting go check them out, I love them.

On the positive side it has really inspired my knitting, I have been knitting a storm, total monogamous knitting, keeping to one project rather than swapping about, want to see what I have been clicking away on?


Totally love the pattern and yarn, don't love knitting with different size needles, 1 small and 1 large. I also decided to use slippy needles so a lot of cussing has been going on, but I am pretty much done, about 16 rows and its cast off time !! yipee.  Will be adding tassel's to the end of the scarf, The yarn is from Rosie's moments , its one of her mystery yarn boxes ' wonders of the world' , I have just had the second box and I absolutely love the yarn this month, cant show yet, have to wait till everyone has their boxes! don,t want to be a spoil sport. I have also ordered the 3rd in the series' niagara falls' fab little indie yarn shop, go take a look if your a knitter/crocheter. The pattern is 'Painted' by Louise Zass-Bangham

Then I want to get my socks finished so I can start knitting up something else! I have been exceptionally naughty on  building my stash and have lots of new yarn to play with. That's in addition to my own hand dyed yarn ! yep, I got the dyes out for the first time in years and dyed up some yarn!  Didn't have much choice on colours but hey, it was good to get back into being creative. I feel so much happier when I make pretty things. want to take a peak? its still drying so will get a better pic for you when there all dried and looking nice.


From this

To this


The mini skeins were done in the microwave and the large skeins on the stove top. The mini skeins have been died using the 3 same colours and hopefully when knit up will look better than they do now!, the purple has silver sparkles in....my favourite so far is the blue, but it needs to dry so they may all look slightly different then. 

I have really enjoyed getting the dye pots back out, its made me realise how much work has taken over, I need to get back to reclaiming the weekends again, else I get swallowed in work and housework and have no time to play. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...