Friday, April 28, 2017

Happy Friday.

I have now completed a  whole month with the new job. It's whizzed by. I am sort off settling in, it's a complete contrast with my old job, the pace is so much gentler! I'm still feeling like a fish out of water at times, but I'm thinking I am going to like this job. So far there has been no stress what so ever, I'm sure that won't last but it's so far removed from the pace I worked at previously, I do get bored easily so I hope that they will give me enough work to keep a flow going, sad but true, I do like to be busy.

My sleep pattern is much improved and although I still rise with the larks the quality is so much better. I like that early time of day when all is quiet and everyone else is still asleep, except for this morning, no 2 son has just left for a day at Thorpe Park so the hound decided to wake everyone up as he was not happy no 2 son had left the premises! But hes settled now so I can catch up on some blogging and blog reading.

This week has seen more stash enhancement, the hard decision was made that although I love pretty single skeins of yarn I really need a sweater's worth of yarn, I fell in love with a sweater, so it had to be done. I was sensible, I chose a favourite yarn brand for the sweater, really couldn't justify indi dyer yarn for a sweater, would have been very costly.. The sweater is called Fast forward and is designed by Veera Valimaki, here's what it will look like , if I manage to get it completed



I love this sweater, I love the shape, the style and the colour way, but when I looked at what colourways others had used I became a bit stuck, so what did I go and do? well, decided to have a 2 colour stripe sweater! I am going to alternate my current 2 favourite colours...


Bright pink and lime....and shock horror I am even swatching to make sure I hit the gauge as I am using a different yarn, same weight though, but I do knit loose.  I rarely swatch so this must be a special sweater.. watch this space, swatched last night came out too big so am going to do swatch number 2 over the weekend, another bank holiday weekend here, yippeeee. I would like to reassure you that I have finished some items, they are currently awaiting blocking then I will show and tell !

In other news Barry Bongo is making his first camping trip of the year this weekend


We're going to take a quick drive down to Glastonbury to meet up with some friends, last year we got a bit battered during some very windy camping trips so need to get the awning out and aired and see if there are any repairs needed. The hound is also trying out a new holiday kennel as ours has sadly closed down. The sons have decided that it will be a parent free opportunity so its just hubs and I wandering off to catch a sunset. We stayed at this site last year and it is fab, The Old Oaks campsite. Glastonbury is one of my fav places to visit, a very quirky little place with lost to see.


Hopefully the sun will shine, it's looking a bit grey out there and its a tad cold ,  but I have a good book, we are meeting up with great friends and we will share some good camping cooked food, what more could I ask for..


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...