Saturday, January 20, 2018

Back !

Another working week done, this year is zooming by, I can't believe we're 3 weeks into the new year.
 I've had a busy but productive week at work, commute traffic is still a nightmare, an hour each is the current pace! good job I enjoy listening to audio books. Still no no news of an office move date, its still under staff consultation ! Can't come soon enough for me, hopefully it will be around March/April time.

Had a bit of a doubting Thomas moment this week with the blog again, hence it went offline for a few days,sorry if you popped by in that time. I live an ordinary life, a good life. Quite well balanced I think, I don't have any particular struggles. I see myself as very lucky. I really wonder why people stop by and read, its a pretty boring blog as far as I can see. But I like to pop in and write a few lines, I like to be able to look back and see what I was up to. I still worry about people who know me reading it though, hence the limited amount of personal info and lack of people photo's. 

So after a few days of pondering what to do, I'm back. I think this year the blog will probably be more about crafts and  'my making' ,I really want to try and improve my sewing skills and knitting skills . I do hanker after that handmade wardrobe, and I so want to be able to do calligraphy. My writing is a bit like a cats scrawl to be honest, I'm not surprised  I am generally writing with a key pad these days!

This weekend I am off to Hobbycraft to buy a cutting mat & rotary blade, am thinking this will help with my pattern cutting, currently I am using the old fashioned pins and scissors method. I will be honest, sometimes my cutting is not perfect and I end up with mismatched seams ! I also need to get that seam unpicker thingy so I can unpick that double stitched sleeve from last weekend. 

This coming weeks plan is to cut out the next lot of fabric , I love this fabric and as luck would have it, I found some great yarn in my stash which matches perfectly so  have had to cast on another scarfy shawly thingy ! I'm still not sure about the neckline on this top, have decided to do the shorter sleeves omitting that bell shaped sleeve bit. And if your reading Christina I have washed the fabric, its so much softer and I think it did shrink a bit, thanks for that tip. ! I might be brave and go for the cutout neckline!



Also on the list of to do jobs this weekend  is to go and collect some lovely wooden shelving units a friend is selling, she is closing her shop so I have snagged a couple of gorgeous bookshelves for a fabulous price. The next room we are focusing on ' doing up' is our downstairs office, which currently resembles the upside down world and is full of things we need to 'store' as well as a pile of ' don't know what to with this so will leave it here and see if the fairies take it away' . 2 shelving units  should enable us to see the floor again ! My cross trainer is in there too and is currently being used as a hanging rack, maybe if I clear it I may actually use it !

Its looking like a busy weekend but I may just squeeze some crafty time in.
Hoping you all have a great weekend, I'm looking forward to mine, hubs is on his weekend off so I get to have his company too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...