Sunday, February 25, 2018

Cornwall, lethargy and getting back on track.

Had a fabulous break in Cornwall, even the sun shone. 






It was really good to get away, and despite it being half term the traffic was great, no traffic jams either way which is a first for a very long time.

Back home Sunday evening and straight back to work on the Monday, to say I struggled was an understatement. I have felt really rubbish all week, no energy, no inclination to do anything, not even knit. I was getting headaches and aches, really thought I was going to come down with something. Luckily I didn't. 

This weekend is the first time in over a week I have had any energy, I caught a spring cleaning bug yesterday and even managed to pass it onto the boys , who cleaned their own rooms and then helped me !! Shopping local took on a different angle yesterday. LIDL have opened a new massive store about 5 minutes drive from our house, so I decided to pop in there.  Have to say I really liked it, well laid out and spacious and despite the numbers the tills were working quickly and they had a good number of self serve tills which was a great idea. I have a sneaky suspicion this may well become my local alongside the shops in our village.

Today is another great sun shining type of day, bitterly cold, [we have snow forecast for Tuesday !] , but lovely. I have spent an hour in my little pink den faffing about with my journals etc, trying to be quiet as the boys are still sleeping,[hubs is working.] all I need to do today is the ironing and the day is mine, except drop no 1 son to work shortly, [must go wake him soon]. I have plans to knit, I have cast on a new project, it had to be done, all it took was a picture on Instagram.. , and generally relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...