Monday, February 26, 2018

New Cast on.

Instagram did it again, led me into temptation.
Another cast on, despite still having numerous other projects on the go.
This one just had to be done though. It is exactly what I have been wanting, but didn't know it.




Pictures from Kate Davies designs

How fabulous is that? Now you can see why it just had to be cast on straight away, and what a knit whilst the beast from the east heads towards us [ very cold weather, may be snow] The pattern currently costs £5.95 but I can already see me making more.

Trying not to buy yarn, despite really wanting to get the exact same colourway as the pattern picture I stash dived. This is what I came up with


recycling the back of a cardigan I previously cast on but was not loving. It was a DK weight so I have doubled it up with another ball to give the worsted weight required. I even swatched it !!
Carbeth is at the front on the needles, not even ripping the back leaving as is and knitting as if it were a sock blank..


This is the yarn with the beginning of the old cardi.
Its a cheap as chips yarn, bought because I love the colours, [am not a yarn snob], worked doubled up its looking fab, it's going to be machine washable as well which is great. 

I have a feeling that this will fly off the needles and get a lot of use. My only issue now is choosing buttons, I have a huge stash of those too, so in theory should not have to buy any.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello May.

I am hoping it will be a quieter month for me. I do love my holidays but I also like some quiet time.We have nothing planned for May other t...